Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tired

Confession. I must confess that after reading my "sorry we did not select you for the position" letter in Saturday's mail, I instantly retreated into the fuzzy funk I had mentioned in my last post. I spent Saturday forcing myself to sleep to pass the time.

I had also received yet another electric bill. Not sure how one gets two bills two days apart...but I was too tired to care. Tired of fighting.

I try to pride myself in being a "swimmer," a fighter. However, it would be dishonest of me to say anything other than, I am TIRED of fighting. I'm discouraged. Exhausted. I'm not asking for much. I simply want a job. I want to pay my bills without fear. I want to buy greeting cards without the voice in the back of my head telling me I can't.

I look as bad as I feel. I haven't combed my hair. I have slight smudges of mascara under each eye. But, my teeth are freshly brushed.

No comments: