Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Love is in the air...


Love is in the air... and it has been for weeks now. Why have I kept this from you, you ask? Because it is soooooo amazingly beautiful that I don't believe it's happening!


If you will recall, in my previous post, "Incurably In Love," I had mentioned fantasizing about my two entirely inaccessible lovers fighting for my affection. Looks like the possibility of that might not be far off!

I received my mail from Manus on Monday. All the way from Ireland. I found even the envelopes to be romantic... from the "Royal Mail" to his beautiful penmanship. Penmanship that read with sincerity and effort. His first package contained a book, "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'Brien, complete with a dated message penned inside. When I opened the book further... a folded pink note fell out... with a poem he had written, his first, to me and a Dave Matthews CD with the song, "Some Devil" on it. One of the first songs he ever sent me a link to while we chat. The second item was a cute card by Edward Monkton that he had seen while out shopping. It's a silly little thing about biscuits... "biscuit" is one of my many nicknames for Manus. (Biscuit is Irish speak for cookie) Inside, a cute poem he had written to me:

Wrapped in shiny tinsel;
A secret held within;
Chocolate chips upon your lips-
Frosting sticky on your skin.

Crispy coated
Mallow centered
A biscuit to be remembered.

The opposite page said...

"Spotted this Petal,
and thought of you
xxx"

Every bit of what he sent was sincere, full of sentiment, and just plain touching. And I love that he calls me "Petal."

Now back to reality... he lives in Ireland. We've never met in person. Never looked into each other's eyes. Shared a kiss. Held each other... Could we ever be truly in love? Bridge the distance between us?

Time will tell.

In comes "suitor" number two. My "creative friend." We've been exchanging emails for a couple weeks now. They have grown in number and affection. Completely unexpected and unplanned. And again... he's far away. We share silly little poetry written for each other... and sometimes just a battle of "x's and o's." We talk about our struggles, hopes, and dreams... He enjoys my writing and the pictures that I send him and admires my work. Supports my decision to pursue my creative ventures, and when he says he's thinking of me... I just melt.

I'm struggling with my "two timing" behavior, and constantly reminding myself that I am not committed to either man. Add to that the fact that I have never met either of these men in person... so technically, my conscience should be clear. Right now I am trying to simply enjoy what I share with both of them and let fate determine if either or both of them become a more tangible part of my life. Compared to my previous dating experiences... I am in absolute Heaven!

No comments: