Monday, September 1, 2008

Fighting Frizz on the Cheap


My current unemployed status has required me to relinquish my one luxury I have allowed myself throughout life. My hair.

Instead of getting my cut and color from my stylist of 25 years (also my former boss), I now walk to Walgreen's to purchase and apply my own color. I spring for a cut about every eight weeks at a cheaper salon.

Last week I ran out of my Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep smoother!!!!! It's $20 bucks for a small bottle. I was either going to use $20 of my emergency money or find another product. Oh how I hate experimenting with cheap hair products!

Back to Walgreen's. After himming and hawing for about ten minutes, I reluctantly selected Loreal's Studio Smoothness for $4.99. At a quarter of the cost, I've got to tell you that I may be more impressed with it's performance than I was with Aveda's product! Thank you, thank you, thank you! After simply blow drying, I was tempted to skip the flat iron and head out! I'd say this sacrifice was "worth it!"

No comments: