Saturday, September 27, 2008

Heart that breaks...


Yep. Disaster.


Knew Todd was gonna swoop in. Just didn't know he was going to wait until he "broke" me with talk about what I want to do ultimately in my life and him claiming to think I was gorgeous for being so spirited about music. He even said he wanted to buy me a piano.


And in the end... I was left feeling like a friend of 20 years was trying to verbally manipulate me into bed.


I fought him off of course. And he left. And I was glad.


He left a message a short while later, aplogizing, and saying he was selfish. Please call me tomorrow he said.


Sorry, pal. But what hurts a woman's heart most, is trusting in a heart that breaks.

1 comment:

Anon said...

Been following the posts, just haven't commented.

Most of the time there is more sexual appeal, especially in potential or new relationships, to NOT say everything...to hint, suggest, flirt...and wonder. Keeps everybody on their toes and working hard from both ends.

Nothing wrong with hinting to a gentleman that the verdict is still out, you are "on the scene," or he has competition. Don't have to come out and say it, but if they get the hint, it will separate the flirts from the true suitors in a heartbeat. A man will pursue a woman he wants...damn the competition.

And for the guys who just don't get hints, may I recommend blunt straightforwardness. Nothing wrong with friends having feelings for friends. Perfectly natural. Happens all the time. Most people are mature enough to handle it. For those who aren't...you just gotta say "you're not even in the running pal, and if you can't respect that we can't even go out as friends."

Sorry for the extremely long reply...and for your bad "friend date." Hope there's a nugget of help in this somewhere.

Hug & a kiss on the cheek for ya.