Friday, September 12, 2008

Roof Over My Head?


Gooooooooood Morning, boys and girls!! Did everyone finish their homework? Today we are going to learn about the election! We are going to talk about elephants, donkeys, pigs and lipstick...


Whoooops! Woke up on the wacky side of the bed this morning. Can't help myself! Had a nice end to my evening... fell asleep before midnight and woke up at 7:30 a.m. without assistance of an obnoxious alarm clock. On a rainy day, nonetheless!


I'm getting ready to head out for my job interview. I don't even recall applying for this job, but that's what happens when you send out a gazillion resumes, sometimes at 3 in the morning. It's for a management position at a metal roofing company. That's hilarious to me. Almost as hilarious as my job selling shoes as a teenager, back in the days of Al Bundy fame. The girl who called me on the phone was very nice, professional, and even a bit funny... which happens to be my favorite thing that people can be. According to her it is a small place, her and two other girls working there, as well as another manager. They are looking to have someone fill the afternoon and early evening hours. She speculated it would be 2-8 p.m. They are open on Saturdays... YUCK! I'm not crazy about evenings and weekends... I've worked those hours my entire life. Is it too much to ask for a "grown up" job? I call any job that has a schedule of Monday through Friday, 8-5, no weekends or holidays, a grown-up job. And, damn't, I want one!


But...I do need a new roof....

No comments: