Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beautiful. Bouncing. Checks.

Well... it looks like my hopes of becoming a "normal" person again and sleeping during the night are a little hopeless. However... basking in the warm glow of thoughts of a sweet, charming man... paired with the drifting scent of a vanilla candle... led me to write a lovely poem about him.

Oh, how I love pure, consuming inspiration.

On the not so romantic and beautiful side of life... I've hit a couple bumps in my checking account. My $184 electric bill tipped the balance and led to an overdraft. I'm not one who bounces checks. So I got in the car and drove to the bank in the dark of early morning to prevent that worry from interfering with my deperately needed sleep.

Four weeks left of unemployment. Money isn't stretching far enough anymore... I have to, with the help of a miracle, perhaps, find an answer to this current puzzle. Fast. Avoiding the breaking news of the troubled financial state facing the entire country... a miracle is what I have left to hope for.

No comments: