Monday, September 8, 2008

Brain vs. Body


"Hello, Body, how have you been?"

"Well, I've had better days. My Brain has kept me holed up in the house and fed me nothing but brownies or chips and queso. However, I have become more 'well-rounded' as a result."

"Really? That's terrible. Perhaps you would enjoy a little exercise?"

"Perhaps! That 'Brain' has been acting up again. So stubborn and melancholy lately!"

So the great "Brain" decides to talk the body into exercising. Body seems thrilled. Brain does too. Eight minutes later, Body has a pulled groin. Body is "yelling" at Brain. Brain ignores Body and keeps making Body move around.

Brain feels better. Body, though sore, feels strangely rejuvenated.

In a display of gratitude, Brain takes Body for a dimly-lit, much needed, and warm shower as a slight breeze flirts with the shower curtain.

Body forgives Brain.

No comments: