Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stressed and Rest.


Rest! I finally have gotten some much needed rest! Granted I did manage to "waste" a big chunk of the day in doing so... but I feel so much better. I was about to jump off my bed head first in frustration! That would have just given me a headache and made me do it again and again...

I've begun to panic because reality has really sunk in! I just realized that it is imperative that I either get an extension on my unemployment, or a job NOW! I knew time was running out... but once I started thinking that the hiring process takes a few days, and receiving your first check takes two weeks. One phrase went screaming through my head and out my eyeballs, "OH SHIT!!!!!"

Dealing with the "system" is not fun. And dealing with an economy that is beyond broken, makes even the most valiant of efforts to find work impossible. So it looks like, even with my newly attained degree, that I will be back to waiting tables or bartending. If I can even find a job doing that! I swore I would never go back. I did my time and more so in the restaurant biz. If I have to do it... ugh... I'm hoping to find a place that allows me to work Monday-Thursday, and that I am able to make enough to pay the bills, and hopefully save some. I do not want to get back into the business to the point of fighting for weekends and holidays off. As I said... I've paid my dues there.

I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee in weeks! I gave it up hoping that my anxiety would quell and that my mind would relax a bit. Even the smell of coffee makes me happy. Here's hoping my happiness lasts beyond the bottom of the cup!

2 comments:

adsfd said...

don't stress...enjoy the coffee and relax, don't do it.

Mona Lake said...

Do what? Jump off the bed head first?