Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Got My Mind on My Money and My Money on My Mind


Just returned from delivering information and filling out an application for the position I interviewed over the telephone for on Friday. Patty had asked me to provide a reference from my last position when I came in. I went above and beyond her request and provided her a copy of my cover letter and resume (originally faxed to her), two references from each previous employer, and two personal references... as well as a thank you letter. All printed on the fancy paper and placed in the fancy envelope.


We spoke briefly. She's a very tall woman who seems more reserved in nature. I was speaking to her through the medical office standard glass sliding window, so I didn't get to shake her hand. Upon completing the application I gave my paperwork to a staff member who seemed rather friendly and offered a genuine smile. One of those smiles that makes you feel you are welcome to join the team.


My appointment with Gail for job training/education is at 3:00. I'm hoping that she can help me create a master plan to avert financial disaster and find a career with longevity!


Never in my life did I envision finding a job so damned difficult! I will say, that in an odd way, I'm grateful for the experience. I've learned how to survive with little income, and that I can survive with little income. I've learned how to better hone my budgeting skills, and to never take employment for granted. I will never take food and shelter for granted either. Considering the entire country is enduring uncertain economic times... I will be taking a new approach to my finances.


My new approach will be to pay off any balances remaining on my accounts, and then SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!! I will not spend a cent on home repairs until I have at least 6 months of living expenses saved. I don't ever want to be caught off guard financially again.


Now... if I can just get that job!!!!

No comments: