Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Food; Critic-al!


I've been up all day... no naps! That's good; and bad. It's good because it means I still have a chance at surviving a work day if I find a job, but it's bad because that's a lot of time to have nothing to do! So what does one do when they are bored?

EAT!

What does one eat when they are broke?

LEFTOVERS!

I've had a grilled cheeseburger seasoned with garlic, fresh ground sea salt and black pepper on an onion bun with Miracle Whip, horseradish mustard, ketchup and a fresh tomato slice, a few scoops of baked beans and my delicious potato salad. I also finished the rest of the tomato salad. Ate a Caribou caramel-something bar. Ate two servings of peach cobbler. A few handfuls of ridged potato chips and french onion dip and half of a sliced cucumber with sea salt sprinkled on it. Drank 2 Diet Cokes. OH... forgot... for breakfast, I had a fried egg, over-easy, two slices of bacon, and a piece of toast with honey.

And, I keep going back into the kitchen!!! Only this last time, I just decided to make something. I am an excellent cook. No recipes or cookbooks... just creativity. Only problem with that is: I don't measure anything so I can't pass along a recipe. My concoction tonight consisted of diced tomato, onion and diced cucumber. Season with fresh ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix with Miracle Whip (or mayo if you prefer) and add a little sugar and apple cider vinegar. And since you just can't stop there... add some freshly cooked maple bacon... finely chopped. Mmmmm! Relax. I only ate a spoonful!

Maybe I'll add Food Critic to my resume as a current position... since my newly found "obsession" with food, may be becoming critical!

1 comment:

Anon said...

Mouthwatering!

Taking mental notes for my own concoctions.

Too bad summer can't last forever!