Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricanes and Gas Pains


It's raining.
It's pouring...
The gas prices are soaring!

Apparently it was reported that gas prices will be climbing up over $5 a gallon while I was in my interview. The speculated reason for the drastic increase is good ol' hurricane Ike. I was alerted of the frenzy by a telephone call from my aunt.

"Did you happen to notice the gas prices in _____?"

"No. I didn't pass a gas station, why?"

"Everybody's freaking out! Gas is up over $5 in _____ and they say it could get up to $6 or more by the weekend. Everybody's lined up everywhere!"

"Well what's going on?" I asked.

"I guess the hurricane... it's crazy."

After we hung up... I began to pass some gas stations. Good Lord!!!! Is this the apocalypse? Are they giving away loaves of bread and good paying jobs with a fill-up? Cars were backed up 20 deep at every station!

5 o'clock news reported a state trooper was directing traffic in front of a gas station just outside of town... and... that the whole craze started with...

a rumor.

Oh... breaking news: the governor is going to hold a press conference regarding the rumor and emphasize the need to conserve gas during the hurricane. I'll support that... and spend the rest of the night on the couch.

1 comment:

Anon said...

The clues keep rolling in...

You know what I'm talking about!

Your "detective"