Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Fortune" 400

The "Fortune" 400. As of one minute ago, I now have 400 gentlemen that have bookmarked my profile on the dating site. Flattering, right? WRONG! In my opinion, that just testifies to the fact of how difficult it is to find someone you truly connect with. Or, in my experiences with the site thus far, someone you WANT to go on a second date with.

Let's do some math.

Out of my 400 admirers... I've only gone out with 5. That means 1% of the "boys" presented a potential connection.

In eight months... I've gone out on 5 dates with gentlemen from there. That means I've spent 2% of the last 240 days on a date. (What have I been doing the other 98%?)

I'm not in a relationship with any of them... that's a 0% success rate...

0 boyfriends + 0 remotely "do-able" guys = 0 sex!

1 comment:

Anon said...

Never trusted dating sites.

I'm not saying they don't have their place. I've made bona fide friends on non-dating sites. But so far every date has had a real-time connection prior to the on-line relationship.

I still prefer it old-school...up close and personal. I can learn more in 5 minutes than I can 5 days online.

Same goes for work...and yes, getting the resume in the *right* hands to even score an interview! (Got to follow that last one up close and make sure the right eyes read it now!)

Don't give up! I've heard the average interview-resume ratio is well...not far off what you report. So unless this is strictly prohibited by the ad, follow up all of them!

Dream date or dream job? I honestly dunno. Take care of yourself first. The dating will take care of itself. You're a catch either way. Make sure right people see that!

~Scott