Friday, September 12, 2008

My Little Gifts of Late...


So many cool things are happening right now! I've had a hard time deciding what and when to post because I've been overwhelmed... in a good way!

I'll start with the practical. My job search has definitely heated up! It took 4 months before I got my first call for an interview, and in the last three weeks I've had 5 calls about jobs. Considering I have 6 weeks left of unemployment, this recent surge in activity couldn't be more appreciated! I also now have the aid of a government program in the works to assist with job placement or tuition towards career training in the works. I'm not out of the financial woods yet, but there is at least a bit of hope.

Next: my Irish pal. Manus called last night. An unexpected surprise. He is really trying to impress upon me how serious he is when he says that he "likes me." He told me he sent me a letter a couple days ago. I am not sure how long it takes mail from Ireland to arrive, but I'm anxious to see what it says! He's a very interesting person and there could be a potential for romance there, however, I am definitely not going to get ahead of myself with this one. I've got to focus my energies on getting a job before my money runs out, not worry about whether I'm going to have an international love affair with an Irishman!

And my new friendship with a person in the creative industry... wow. All I can say, is that when you are completely depressed and feeling like things may never look up... having someone who has "made it" compliment you on your writing and intelligence is beyond words. I just can't settle on one. It is like being rescued. Resuscitated. Having emergency open heart surgery, and surviving. I've been writing to keep a hold of my sanity. To pass the time. To reconnect. To understand. To find myself. To fill a void. To actually hear that anyone likes it... is a gift! And one that I will be forever grateful for, each and every time it is given, no matter who it's from.

I also, finally, got back to working out. I've managed to get 3 workouts in this week already. Considering I worked out 13 times in July and ZERO in August... this is a big achievement. I have a family history of depression, and the cold hard reality of my life right now would make anyone susceptible to depression. So exercise is more of an effort to save my soul, than to have a hot ass. And who doesn't feel a little happier when they know they have a hot ass? So it's a win-win and a must do for me now.

And a source of inspiration for my exercise... I'm going to a big show October 3rd! I decided that I'm going to treat myself to a new outfit for the occasion. My fall/winter wardrobe is pretty sparse and I've been on financial lockdown for FIVE MONTHS! It's time to give myself a little gift for soldiering through my war to survive! And I'm sure it will double as a hopefully needed date ensemble... an investment, I declare!

Most importantly, I must sincerely thank any and all of you who have passed on words of encouragement or praise. You might think I'm getting a little touch-feely other-worldly on you... but one of the truly most precious gifts you can give someone is your time. Add to that your compliments and compassion... and you've given me hope and inspiration. A reason to believe. Keep pluggin along. In a way, you are saving my life, and God bless you for that. Thank you.

No comments: