Saturday, November 1, 2008

"R"essurected


"R" called tonight. I had to look at the phone twice to believe it. I think it has been a couple weeks since he vanished. Not really in the mood to talk to anyone, I reluctantly answered. I believe he said he hadn't been feeling well, and then felt "ashamed" that he hadn't called me back. He was sure to tell me that it was nothing I had done or said. What?

I admit that I was puzzled. I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. But, the curiosity surrounding his "disappearance" was still there. "R" asked me how I was quite a few times. An honest answer would have been "terrible." However, I chose words such as "amazing" and "fabulous."

"R" asked if I was waiting for someone to stop by. He was dropping a hint. He then asked if I wanted him to drop by with some Halloween candy... hmm... haven't heard from you in a couple weeks and you're just going to stop by? Don't think so. Besides, I had spent the day in sweats and did not feel like company.

The whole thing was just too strange to me. He came at me pretty fast. Too fast. And then... POOF! Was this a test? Is he nuts? Flighty? Flaky? Hoping for a "hook-up?" Who knows. We'll see if he calls again...

No comments: