Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Open for Business


Good morning, readers!

I'm writing to you from my new office! After pulling another all-nighter... I have successfully moved my office from the upstairs room to a much more convenient downstairs location. Instead of hauling my mail and personal affairs upstairs, carrying my laptop up the stairs to print, and looking directly across to the neighbors house... I now have a pleasant nature-friendly view to the backyard, and a stair-free (read FALL-free) journey to the printer! This space already feels inspirational for writing, work, and organization. And, if I were ever fortunate enough to have a booming business, there is an exterior door, which according to my probably out-dated real estate knowledge, is necessary to do certain business out of your home.

My upstairs is now that much closer to being guest friendly. In my former office, I now have two wing back chairs, ready for someone to enjoy a good book. The front bedroom is still waiting for a bed. Actually, it's waiting for everything! I tried to get a bed on-the-cheap at a summer auction, but was outbid by some furniture dealers. The stairway is rather precarious and narrow, so two twin beds, or maybe a full would be the best choice for ease of moving.

Perhaps this overnight mayhem of taking down and rehanging shelving units, moving my desk, chair, printer, and overflowing office supplies occurred because I'm going to be too busy working soon! Let's hope!

My alarm just went off... hilarious. Sorry, Mr. Alarm Clock. I won't be needing your services this morning.

No comments: