Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.


I'd love to tell you that I solved world hunger, or ran a marathon for charity today. However, I've done close to nothing, and therefore nothing close to that.

Having put my phone on silent, and the neighbor not leaving her barking dog outside... I slept through the peaceful silence of the morning, and awoke around noon. What?! Have I digressed to the teenage life? If so, can I please relieve myself of all of these financial obligations and spend the day talking on the phone, eating Doritos?

Oh.

I did eat Doritos. Spicy Nacho Doritos. I don't personally buy snacks like Doritos, but my mother likes to pick them up for me these days. Considering I was feeling neither motivated, nor very comfortable, I sought out comfort with the crunch of Doritos and Peanut M&Ms. What a combo! Had I made this discovery in my real teenage years, I surely would have weighed about 200 pounds.

I escaped momentarily to take my movies back. Hardly seemed worth the effort of clearing off the icy windows. Took me twice as long to get the car warmed up then it did to actually drive there.

Once I returned, I caught part of "Orangutan Island." Followed by "Extreme Makeover." Witnessing such acts of selflessness and kindness, truly move my heart. Hopefully, I'll find some volunteer work this week. I think that would boost my spirits immensely!

So here I sit, in my sweats, watching "Desperate Housewives." Shouldn't they have a show called "Desperate Single Unemployed Women?" Or would that not be very interesting?

No comments: