Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is Fate at Work?

I attempted to attend the free boardmanship training tonight. I was having trouble locating the building in the dark, and after a few mildly embarrassing twirls around the block, I finally located my destination.

But, no one was there. The door was locked. I went around to the back door. Locked.

Thankfully, I had cut the posting out of the paper and had it in hand. I returned to the front door and was let in by a custodian. I asked him about the meeting, and it was obvious to both of us that no one was there. He graciously offered to go upstairs and get a gentleman who was still in his office to assist me. What a nice man! I showed him the posting, and he immediately offered to get his cell phone and call the director of the program personally.

She sincerely apologized for the mishap, and informed us that it should have read, "A.M." not "p.m." But, all was not lost. The director will be giving me a personal, one-on-one training, followed by setting me up with the advanced training in December.

Could this be my IN?

No comments: