Thursday, November 6, 2008

"MiGo" Crazy For My Thermal Mugs!


Well, I napped a bit...

Last night was a big swirl of socialization, and I hadn't the time to address the goings on! My crazy-fun friend Cortney had called as I was driving aimlessly to the "sorry for the misprint" meeting, "R" had called, I met with some friends to do some networking, came home to an announcement that my friend Dan was stopping by later, and that "R" was on his way as well. Sheeesh! As I tried to email my new non-profit connection, my side job saviour, Todd, called.

And then "R" arrived.

We spent a pleasant evening, first watching "Law & Order," and then the movie "Juno." Yes, I am the ONLY person on the planet Earth who hadn't watched it yet. Correction. R and I were the only TWO people who hadn't seen the movie yet. R made it to the midway point and zonked out. He gets up for work at 5:30 a.m. So I let him rest. The movie was excellent, so what difference did it make? I have to say that I am pretty particular with my humor, and the lines in that film are excellent. "Pork swords" was definitely new terminology to me!

Forgot to mention that three-quarters of the way through "Law & Order," Dan knocked at the door. Dan is a friend of mine I had intended to partner up with in late summer to join forces in the remodelling sector. But, Dan apparently got entangled with a certifiably crazy woman and vanished for a bit. I have yet to get the full story, but I am truly concerned for him. His eyes looked sad and worrisome. I sent him on his way and told him I would call him today... I sure hope I don't regret not taking more time to talk with him. You just never know what someone's state of mind is. Suppose I'll give him a call when I finish here.

Anyway.

I sent poor R to bed to catch a few winks before his drowsy drive to work in the Daylight Savings Time darkness. I, of course, could not sleep. Very well. So I snuck in a post and checked my email around 3:30 a.m. Took a "nap," and then got up right before the alarm clock went off. I thought I'd put in a little "co-habitation" practice... and make R some breakfast.

I do not plan on living with R at this moment, but, at times I do grow a little concerned with my independence! Perhaps I'm a little too in love with my own lone existence. Spoiled, I say! I absolutely love cooking; and love cooking and caring for others even more. So why not make the man breakfast! Hell, he's one of the lucky souls in this forsaken town with a job! Better keep him in working shape!

Quietly, I cooked sharp cheddar scrambled eggs, seasoned bacon, and toast. Poured his coffee into one of my coveted "MiGo" travel mugs, and returned to coax him out of bed.

"It's time for your photo shoot, handsome. And your breakfast is ready."

(Groan) "Whaaat?"

"Your breakfast is ready. Anything for your coffee?"

"No, thank you." He leans up and looks at the clock, "Too bad I won't have time to eat it..."

Oh, I beg to differ! This smart cookie has just the thing! I had saved a plastic container that had some sort of baked goods from the grocery store bakery that doubled nicely as a "takeout" container for sleepyhead's breakfast. I slid the eggs, bacon, and toast into it, closed the lid, and found a set of takeout silverware in the drawer. Placed a blueberry corn muffin in a plastic bag, and sent him on his way with a home-cooked meal... and... my beloved coffee mug!

As he left, I said, "Now, if you decide for any reason that you are not speaking to me again, please leave the mug in my mailbox."

Yes, I have a serious attachment issue with my coffee mug. I am very aware of this. In fact, when my boyfriend and I broke up at the end of last year, that was the only thing I was pissed about! He had gotten away with my "MiGo" coffee mug! The one I sent R out the door with, was the replacement. When I went to pick up the shimmering silver look-a-like, I also treated myself to a beautiful blue one, for a backup!
So help me if I have to buy another!

No comments: