Thursday, November 20, 2008

I See Dead People


Nobody likes death. Well, maybe the guys who like zodiac signs, poison Kool-aid, and duct tape do, but I find the permanence of it to be quite disturbing. I'm overly sensitive, and have a hard time with the letting-go required when a person passes away. That's probably why I still have two dead people in my cell phone. Hitting delete just doesn't seem fair.


Fair. Yes, I know, life isn't fair... so how could death possibly be?


I was reading the paper tonight, and saw yet another person I know in the obituaries. That's three in four weeks! I demand a slow-down! Cut-backs in the number calling. Funeral Parlor closings due to lack of business. I say no more death! Not only is it sad, it's expensive. People are strapped and struggling, can't ya cut 'em a break, Big Guy?

No comments: