Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ready for Battle?


I spent the last three days holed-up in the house. Shut-out the world around me and spent some quality time with my thoughts. The stress was getting to me, and without an "intervention" I was facing spontaneous combustion.

Today is the first day of a new week in a new month. A new attitude is what I have. I worked out for the first time in almost a month. Had a little "girly" time and painted my fingernails and toenails, after a nice hot shower. The little things in life definitely carry the most weight with me, and I had neglected my toes far too long... again, almost a month. I'm preparing for battle. To fight the good fight.

My freshly laundered sheets will hopefully lull me into a good night's sleep tonight. Tomorrow morning I make my first call into the unemployment system under my emergency extension. I decided that since I must be up to make that call, that tomorrow will be the perfect day to get into my new "schedule." My "schedule" begins at 7 a.m. and is compiled of: working out, job hunting, practicing guitar, writing, and even a couple of meals. Oh, and some housework too, I believe. My goal is to get back to a "normal" sleeping pattern and develop a little more structure to my day, in the hopes of avoiding those low days filled with feelings of worthlessness.

With the holidays approaching, I'm truly hoping for some type of romantic holiday miracle story... one that involves me not only getting a job, but getting a great job. Just in time to put some presents under the tree, and even share a little holiday magic with those less fortunate than I.

Speaking of the holidays, my mother is going to see her mother, my favorite grandmother, for Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what this means for me. I have no idea what the other family members are up to. Two of my friends have asked me what I am doing for Thanksgiving, and I am slightly tempted to host a "lonely hearts" type Thanksgiving. However, Brian would have been one of the guests, and I'm still not really pleased with his behavior. I'm a softy, though, so I am sure at some point, I'll get over it. We'll see what's in store.

Well, it's near my bedtime. Ha! I have some things to finish. Hopefully by Friday, I'll be writing to you about my new job!

No comments: