Monday, November 17, 2008

Merry...


Ahhhh. I feel good.

Taking the weekend off was a great move. I lounged around throughout the morning, and watched a not-so-memorable movie. Can't even remember the name of it! I do, however, remember the sense of peacefulness I had, curled up with my cozy blanket and a cup of tea.

Mid-afternoon, I ventured into my creepy basement to retrieve the Christmas tree and decorations. I swear they could film "Arachnophobia 2" down there! Thankfully, spiders don't spook me, I just keep my eye out for the ones that look like they could mortally wound me with their venom. One such guy was zig-zagging on the second big box of branches, and I ran him off. I'd rather not wake up to him snacking on my flesh!

A few hours later, the tree was up! Complete with the lights, pine cones, and bulbs. At the top are my two "love squirrels." I place them facing each other... encouraging the blossoming of their affection, and secretly hoping for my own.

I've always found a sort of magical warmth in the glow of a Christmas tree... and I'm very happy that I didn't choose to forgo its erection because of my trying financial times. I need this. I deserve this. Besides, what's $5 extra on the electric bill in the big scheme of life?

No comments: