Saturday, November 1, 2008

What Gives?


After my latest bout with sleeplessness, I decided it was time to take a few days off from the world. A few days of peace, quiet and relaxation. A chance to refuel, rejuvenate, rekindle.

How dare I?!

Brian had called a few times. I already messaged him and said I was taking a "time out." Even explained why. Either he doesn't understand English, or plain doesn't give a shit! I just received a message from one of his girl friends, calling from his phone, asking why I hadn't called him back. Are you kidding me? Wasn't high school like twenty years ago?

I'm afraid my guitar lessons may have to cease. I can't have someone pressuring me right now. I'm not very comfortable with this situation. It leaves me wondering if people are capable for giving for the sake of giving. I always wind up "owing" people something. I had offered to help him organize his business in exchange for the lessons. A legitimate barter. I'm not one who takes advantage of people, in fact, I rarely accept help at all, and especially don't ask for it.

I've got a lot on my plate right now. My top priority is solving this job/money situation. Not entering into some strong-armed relationship over guitar lessons. I thought that we could surely be friends after all of this time, and wasn't planning on anything else. I can't plan. I've got "life" to handle right now. Why is this so hard to understand? I made myself pretty clear, or so I thought.

What gives?

No comments: