Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Pain of Painting


Good morning world!

I've recovered from my sanding without a mask, and woke up before the alarm went off. Shortly, I'll be leaving to begin my remodel project. I've never met my client in person, so I am a little nervous. She's completely trusting in me to solve her decor problems in her rental unit. I feel great about my paint and hardware choices, but I'm working with some challenging aspects. The tile is tolerable, but the counter top is hideous! Ideally, I would change out the counter top, and rearrange and replace the appliances. Like most, however, she has a budget, and it doesn't allow for these things.

Another challenge is the weather. It's currently 28 degrees and there is no heat in the unit. I'll be taking a portable heater to get the room warm enough for painting. All of my painting has taken place in the warmer months, so I don't even have pre-ruined clothes to wear! But I WILL be taking a mask this time. After realizing I had allowed paint and wood particles to settle in my sinus cavity near my brain, I acknowledged how dumb it was not to wear one!

No comments: