Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Let's Talk About Sex, Baby.


I have been avoiding this topic all day. Well, now my "w" key on my laptop has begun to fail me, and the frustration reminds me of my sex life. Hell, sex in general.

While I was doing housework today, I had Oprah on the t.v. It was a "naughty" episode about sex. Children were shunned from watching. Curious to see how "naughty" sex talk could actually be on Oprah, I turned up the volume as I dusted, vacuumed, and swept. Most of it wasn't that shocking or informative, but I did catch a blip that rang in my ears...

"A healthy sex life can make you look up to twelve years younger."

SOLD! Bring me the sex!

Sex is my latest source of pondering. You see, I'm a responsible, healthy, educated, mildly successful yet somehow unemployed woman, who thankfully, not only has her wits about her, I also am blessed to still have all of my parts in the places they originated. But... time carries on. And with this notion that the wrinkles are around the corner, and some form of sagging is inevitable... I feel an overwhelming sense of urgency to "get back on the horse." According to some scientific research, I'm in my prime. That means someday I'll be out of it, right?

I realize I have not taken the best approach to attaining a sex life. The thought that C.F. and I would realistically be able to have sex on a regular basis was definitely impractical. He was much more to me than that... and that door has closed.

A mere "sex life" is not what I'm truly after. Who doesn't want to find someone that "gets them." Ha. Figuratively and literally, I suppose. I'd love to sit and wait, virginally, in a pretty white dress at an outdoor cafe, as my soul mate saunters towards me and violins begin to play... But, this is real life. Not a Hollywood romance on film. I'm not sure he's coming at all, so I'm not buying the dress. Besides, it's off-season for white dresses.

So I'm back to where I started with this blog. Trying to find the answers to the "to do" or "not to do" riddle. A very ballsy free-spirited friend of mine actually posted an ad on Craig's List to fill her want-ad for a lover. I'm too chicken-shit for that! I see myself as the subject of a "Based On A True Story" Lifetime movie after putting an ad on Craig's List!

How does one go about finding a lover? I find it more difficult than finding an average-to-above-average date! Seems that if a woman is open to a "just sex" arrangement, the guy wants a relationship. And if the woman wants a relationship, the guy just wants sex. Are we at war with each other? This shouldn't be so difficult, I don't believe...

I miss the days of undeniable passion. Those rip your clothes off in a frenzy days... when you are so into someone, that sex CAN'T be bad. It's been so long, I'm surprised I can remember that far back at my age. (wink) If I can't have a true love, a soul mate, someone who stimulates my mind as equally as they stimulate my body... can't I at least have some mind-blowing sex? Once a week? Once a month on Tuesday nights? Do I need a recruiter? A screener? A clue!?!?!

Text-man is on the way... we'll see what he "thinks."

No comments: