Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pulled Pork and Back!


What a crazy week! My anticipated two-day remodel is now in day FIVE. Good news is: I'm in the home stretch, the client loves it, and has offered me more work. Bad news: my poor back and legs hurt like hell!


I've managed to make it this far through the job with only a few bruises, cutting my fingernails to a more work friendly length, and one chemical spill! I was using a corrosive concoction for professional use to eat layers of paint off of the antique hardware. My goal was to keep the cost down for the client and to make use of some character-filled antique hardware. As I was trying to fish the last hinge out of the toxic jar, it tipped over! Right onto the brand new, although very ugly, counter top and flooring! I risked permanent disfigurement of the skin to clean up the spill before anything was damaged; successfully.


After returning home, I ate a pulled-pork sandwich, on an onion bun! I had made the pulled-pork in the crock pot before leaving for the job site. I used "McCormick" brand pulled-pork seasoning, according to the directions. Okay, so I didn't use the "right" amount of pork, and added a little extra brown sugar... Delicious I say! Delicious! But, instead of sitting down and enjoying the fullness of my stomach, I jumped right into some housework. What? Am I crazy? I have the biggest slave-driving boss ever! Me!


But, the pain may be well worth it. A new friend of mine has offered to massage my aches away when he gets out of work. I met him when I was applying for a job. We got along right away. He's quite a funny fellow, and humor is one of my toppers on the wish list for future companion characteristics. We've been talking for a few days, and so far he's on the up and up. Good family. SINGLE. No children. Never married. Teaches Sunday School. Home-owner. College educated. Lovely eyes and dark hair. Very complimentary and sarcastically flirtatious. I'm thinking I might give him a small chance.


Honestly, I've been thinking about C.F. the last few days. I have not heard a word from him in about two weeks. And that's fine, but it leaves me wondering if I truly meant anything at all to him. Was I just a temporary indulgence of his hereditary male horn-dogginess? Our conversations were very in-depth and definitely not just of an adult nature... but was this just part of an elaborate scheme? I may never know. I just get caught up in the wondering sometimes.


Tonight I plugged in my small potted Christmas trees that sit on each side of the door, and hung my garland around the doorway. My house looks like the entrance to a holiday Heaven. Warm and inviting...


Now let's see who crosses the threshold!

No comments: