Thursday, January 8, 2009

Refurbishing Hardware

Just wanted to pass along a little trick I learned:

If you need to, or wish to refurbish paint covered hardware, simply place it in a crockpot full of water on the high setting for a few hours. Once the water has reached a boiling level, turn off the crockpot and safely remove the hardware with tongs. Gently rub off the paint using a steel wool pad.

This method is much more cost-effective, environmentally friendly and personally safe, compared to the use of corrosive chemicals. I've used both methods, and will now only use this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

#4 is my favorite. I just looks like a great spot to hide all sorts of marginally useless things. I'm a fan of those. You know, that coffee mug doesn't really look like it's all that....definitely not something to hold a grudge against an entire gender of species.

Anon said...

Sounds delish!

Gonna have to cook some up myself!