Sunday, January 11, 2009

G-Forced into Lazyland

WARNING: Do not come to my house!

A strange and immensely powerful gravitational force has overtaken my house, leaving me perhaps permanently pinned to the sofa. I've managed to break free only to have a grapefruit for breakfast, leftover spaghetti for lunch, and plug in my laptop.

Beautiful, fluffy snowflakes have piled up some two feet, and there are icicles hanging like a valance outside my living room window. I've decided the snow, and this "mystery force" will be my excuses to do nothing today!

Although I did stay home yesterday, I accomplished quite a bit of my own home maintenance. I believe I did five loads of laundry! My house is tidy once again... and the view of it from my couch is breathtaking.

One of my old bosses stopped by last night. He has had to come to town to assist his father and transition him into a nursing home. We shared quite a few laughs about the good ol' days, and he offered a little enthusiasm towards my potential new career.

Speaking of my "potential new career," I'll be back at the remodel tomorrow. I had hoped to start ceramics this week, but the class is currently full. If I were to push the issue, I'm sure the instructor would let me in, and perhaps he will anyway. The class is Monday afternoons from 1:00-3:30, hardly interfering with a productive work week, and providing me with a coveted creative outlet.

As I lay here in Lazyland, I find great comfort in my nothingness; for it is a chosen nothingness. A little rest and relaxation much deserved. I'm currently watching "The Queen" on the USA network, and will be watching Desperate Housewives later on tonight. All I have to "worry" about is staying awake long enough to watch.

No comments: