Monday, January 12, 2009

All is Quiet...

All is quiet on the remodel front. After a late start, including an immediate return home to retrieve the keys so I could get in, I managed to get within one wall of completing the painting in the living and dining areas. Previous water damage on an exterior wall made scraping and spackling necessary, and therefore, painting the remaining wall delayed.

My old boss stopped by to take a look at my "project." He was very impressed with what I was doing. Positive reinforcement is a very powerful thing! Approval fuels my confidence level, and motivates me to pursue this "career" further.

My tile guy didn't show today. He is in his first 24 hours of non-smoking. I've got to say that I am a little apprehensive working with him this early in the "I quit smoking" game. Rumor has it that people get pretty moody while their bodies recover from nicotine addiction. My secret plan is to find work to complete as far away from him as possible, until I'm confident that my head will not be bitten off!

My goal for completion is this weekend. As long as I get my smoke-free tile guy to get moving on the kitchen, this should be an attainable goal. All that remains for me is painting the bathroom and kitchen, touching up the trim, and reassembling the upstairs built-in. It's coming together! Slowly, but surely.

Personally, all is quiet as well. I'm quite comfortable with my remodel project, sleeping better, and feeling like my life once again has a purpose. I'm not dating, and I don't really wish to be. I have not sworn myself into the convent, just a little hyper-focused on my immediate goals. On the 26th I'll be signing on to volunteer with the Substance Abuse Council, and on the 28th, I'll be meeting with the necessary people to get my educational pursuits going. Once my future plans are ironed out, I'll consider getting back on the dating scene. Until then, I'll be enjoying my newly found peace and quiet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just make itself easier on yourself and swear off men. We're nothing but a bunch of ungrateful slobs with no emotional basis with which to view the world. If you swear them off publicly, you won't have any pressure from yourself or others to change the situation and you can then find true happiness...alone I think.

Anon said...

WTF???

A woman with a head on her shoulders like you has her pick of the best men...and the judgment to pick them from the rest of the heard.

Sounds like you've got all your priorities right. The right man will be there at the right time, because quality people tend to find themselves on the same path.

Keep doing what you're doing!!!

Anon said...

Watch out for the ones that can't spel lol!