Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm IN

What a great day!

The boys have been hard at work, yesterday and today. All tile is up, and the grouting has begun. The only painting I have left to do is in the bathroom and kitchen. The light at the end of the tunnel is on... and boy is this place looking great!

Mid work day, I received the call I had hoped for from the art center! The instructor personally called to tell me he approved my participation in the ceramics workshop. He's an absolutely wonderful man in his mid-seventies. Very talented and inspiring. Somehow I snow-blowed everyone into thinking I have some artistic gift in cermics... so they allow me to play with the big guns.

This workshop costs money, of course, and I'm using some of my graduation money on it. I may mass produce some plates and recoup my expenses at a future art event. What matters most to me, however, is getting back in there and playing in the dirt. Taking that class was the first major step I took two years ago towards reclaiming my inner artist. A step that brought me that much closer to happiness I hadn't felt in years.

So Monday's agenda is now full. I'm treating myself to a much-needed haircut (it's been 16 weeks!) at noon, ceramics class at one, and whatever with Andy and a time to be determined. Not wanting to have any unfinished business come Monday... I'll be picking up the pace at the remodel.

I'm IN!

3 comments:

Anon said...

The neat thing about neat people is they're just like us, and welcome everyone into their world.

Sometimes all it takes is sticking out your hand and making an introduction.

But then again, you're a neat person. I'm sure they are just as tickled to be a part of *your* world!

Congratulations!

Mona Lake said...

Well, thanks!

Last time I took this, it led to my own demo booth at the art fair downtown in Spring. I had no wares to peddle... so this time, I'm gonna stockpile them!

Anon said...

Kewlsome!

You will, of course, share pictures?!