Monday, January 12, 2009

Good Deed #6- Above the Call of Duty

Before I was leaving the remodel, the new tenant pulled into the garage. I made a point to ask him how things were going in his new place. He was just getting home from work and had to move in during near blizzard conditions. A little frazzled he looked.

Apparently there is some type of leak in the bathroom and he can't get adequate water pressure in the kitchen.

"Do I call Barb for that? Is that who I talk to?" he asked.

Barb is the neighbor of the rental property, and a friend of the owner. Normally, she might handle that sort of thing, but since I was there, I decided to take care of it myself. I called Todd, made sure he was going to be on-site tomorrow, and let the tenant know we'd have it fixed.

Little did I know that the property owner is having the "week from hell." She found out today that she won't have a job next year. Her position is being cut from the budget. However, they are having her run the entire building alone this week, which could mean she's going to get a promotion. Hopefully, the latter is the truth. Regardless, she was very grateful that I handled a potential problem for her.

Twas the right thing to do... I say!

1 comment:

Anon said...

Well, sounds like worst comes to worst you could make a team!

Do I hear new opportunities knocking?