Sunday, January 4, 2009

Good Deed #1- Beautiful!

One of my goals for the New Year is perform at least 365 good deeds. These deeds may be simple, or complex, for strangers, or friends and family. The only requirement is that they are "good." Although I have always enjoyed volunteering and helping people, I felt I could have done a lot more of these things last year. So to encourage my good-deediness, I will be reporting my good deeds to my dear readers.

Good Deed #1:

My marvelous mother had grown two inches of gray roots on her head. Since abandoning her stylist in protest of my tragic job loss, she has been coloring her own hair. However, she has difficulty applying the color in some areas. I secretly wanted to be a hair-stylist when I was young, and I definitely love my mother, so letting her wander around looking like a half-crazed old lady would just be cruel!

Despite being quite tired and having "other things to do," I phoned mother last night and invited her to my "beauty shop." Not only did I color her hair, I blow-dryed and styled it for her. Had she gone to the salon, this would have cost her at least $85. I happily did it for free, and enjoyed the time we spent together.

No comments: