Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good Deed #4- Listening


My new remodel teammember, Bill, and I exchanged phone numbers today, along with a promise that we would help each other survive the economy by sharing jobs.

My phone rang shortly after I began cooking my lunch/dinner. It was Bill. Did we forget something on the job?

Nope.

Bill "needed someone to talk to." Apparently Bill's girlfriend has been a little aloof and he just wanted someone "who didn't know all of his business" to listen.

So I did.

I didn't quite figure out what the fuss was about, but Bill magically felt better after getting whatever it was off his chest. I've been there myself, wishing you had someone that would just listen; so I was happy to oblige. Sure, I had a lot of things I wanted and needed to do, but it was time for a good deed, and Bill seems like a deservingly good guy.

Another win-win.

No comments: