Sunday, January 4, 2009

Off to a Good Start!

2009 is off to a good start!

I was lounging around in my seriously non-sexy survival sweats watching "The Forgotten" when my last remodel "client" called. She wanted me to meet up with her and a potential tenant to show the property in a half an hour! I quickly transformed from financially-challenged hermit, into casual-chic property manager and headed out the door.

As I pulled up, the potential tenant was already leaving. Apparently the unit didn't suit her. My client and I then discussed remodelling plans for the vacant unit. This unit is getting a more intense overhaul then the last... and am I ever excited! My client is excited! Off to Lowe's we went. I selected paint colors, tile, hardware and fixtures; spending a brief amount of time daydreaming about some glass tile that would look fabulous in my own kitchen and bathroom.

After hauling all of the materials into the unit, I returned home and began creating property assessment, general information, and security deposit forms. Our goal is to provide tenants with a "welcome packet" to make their stay more enjoyable and increase the longevity of their residency. With the troubled economy, finding and keeping tenants is a challenge. This challenge has become my challenge, as the client has asked me to take on some "property management" responsibilities. Considering property renovation and management is a business I had hoped to jump-start last year, this is a fabulous opportunity!

No comments: