Sunday, August 3, 2008

"Won't You Get Me Out...of FUNKYTOWN!!!"


What a funk I have been in! I've slept more than dead people the past few days!


The days kind of blur together after Wednesday, when Mack cancelled our date. I'm not sure if that blow of disappointment was the catalyst, but I slipped into a serious funk thereafter. I think it was Friday that I slept in, started watching the movie "Atonement", took a nap half way through, and then finished the film. Saturday was a repeat performance, only the movie was "I Like It Like That." I've discovered the "On Demand" button of my remote that allows me to watch a limited selection of movies through my cable provider. This comes in handy when you are up at the hours normal people don't watch TV... hence the infomercial onslaught.


I actually went outside today. Briefly. I filled the bird feeders and watered the hanging baskets. I thought that was all of the punishment the neighborhood could handle. I'm not exactly looking gorgeous after being holed up in the house for days.
I managed to muster up enough energy and thought to complete my preliminary draft for the assignment that is due tomorrow in class. I have yet to summon the Gods of Creativity to begin working on the major assignment that will be due the following week. Our "text only" draft is due Wednesday. Thankfully, I work quite well in "OH SHIT!" mode, and I have confidence that I will be able to produce.
But, first things first. I beg of myself, of someone, anyone... to get me out of FUNKYTOWN! I can't stay here much longer!

1 comment:

Anon said...

Hi there Mona!

Why are you in such a funk? I know, it sucks being alone. It sucks being ditched. And disingenuous (sp?) people suck.

But YOU are a beautiful person. And YOU are reaching out. And people are reaching back. Sure it's online, and 99% of us, like your dear friend some states away, are well...some states away! But this is just the beginning of something new.

I've been "on the scene" for three months now. Four? I'm losing track and I don't care. I believe in myself and got MYSELF out of funkytown. Took MYSELF out. Reached out as you are. I'm making friends every week. And there is more than opportunity for love around the corner, in my own funkytown, or maybe even...some states away?

~ ~ ~ blowing a kiss ~ ~ ~ XO

Scott