Thursday, August 7, 2008

And sometimes...


You have to do nothing.

I took the day off from my project. From stress. From the world. I made the choice to take the day off after I had left class Wednesday night. It was the first time I had slept through the night in a very long time. I've been back in college non-stop for eight months! I needed a break!

My activities of the day included: sleeping, job searching, watching Judge Mathis and People's Court, napping, eating chips and queso, watching Jeopardy, and eating banana pudding! I feel like a million bucks! I might be couple pounds heavier as a result, but the burden of life feels much lighter!

I know all of you real grown-ups are probably gasping in disgust! But, in between your blackberry buzzes, cell phone rings, meetings, bill paying, social engagements, and family stuff... think about it. When is the last time you allowed yourself to be free of this over-committed, over-stimulated, and under-relaxed world? We aren't meant to be one Starbucks away from cardiac arrest! Take a day for you. Ditch the demands that clutter our minds for at least half a day! Just once. Try it!

(Get your own queso! I ate the whole jar.)

1 comment:

Anon said...

I'll take my Saturday mornings tyvm!

And my very own pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Glad you enjoyed your day!