Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some Ugliness Remains...


Despite not having slept... I truly feel amazing! Having that job interview really gave me a much needed boost to a very soft and sluggish ego. Since the interview I have been tackling home improvement projects like it's my job (just don't get the paycheck!).

It's amazing what some toxic chemicals and elbow grease can do for a faucet that is old enough to be my father! I have got to have THE UGLIEST KITCHEN SINK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! It is a cross between milk-chocolate-pudding brown and a touch of month-old-rotten-Halloween-pumpkin rust in color... and the edges look as though the sink has survived a house fire, or some kind of kitchen sink chemistry experiment gone terribly terribly wrong. Add to that, an archaic and cheap faucet that not a single lazy ass has caulked since Eisenhower was elected president... frame it with a decadent, gold flecked laminate counter top... and you, my dears, have my kitchen sink. The ugliest kitchen sink in the United States of America! (For any of you who foolishly doubt me... see the photo... exhibit U... for ugly, of course.)

I had actually picked out a new counter top, sink, and faucet last October. Even had the guy come out and measure my completely non-level, non-square, century old kitchen... however, I was in the process of being screwed by my ethics immune insurance agent, and had to put the plans on hold. Fast forward to April! Hooray... I will spend my next check on my beautiful sink, and counter top!

Oh yeah. That's when the fuckers shit-canned me!

So for now... it's just a kinda old, but still cute chick, in a really old house, with a really ugly sink, and a really positive attitude, hoping she really gets a job, that really pays well, so she can really get rid of the remaining "ugliness" left in her life!

2 comments:

Anon said...

I set out to make a $20 repair to the sprayer in mine a couple months ago.

$250 and two nights of turning this electrician into a bona-fide plumber I had some sharp looking hardware on my sink.

Mona Lake said...

Sooooo... your sink is sexy?! Nice! I love a man with a sexy sink! ;)