Friday, August 22, 2008

Skills

Up and at 'em! I'm up and at 'em! Hoping that I'll be working next week, I am tending to some small projects around the house. I've shampooed the carpet. Sanded the trim and caulked around windows in the laundry room, in preparation to paint them tomorrow. I also caulked my shower enclosure and re-potted some plants. Feels good to be getting things done.

On the gentleman front, I have been chatting with a guy for about six months on the dating site. We have progressed to telephone conversations... oooooooo! He has a great sense of humor and seems to appreciate my colorful mind. We are tentatively going to meet next weekend. I've also been chatting with a gent from Ireland, who is not only funny, but very romantic. He has actually called me twice. I can usually understand about half of what he says, so our conversations have several "What?"s followed by a lot of laughter. He has talked about coming to the states to visit me. I will try to figure out how I feel about that when it becomes more of a reality.

I'm hoping to get some sun, and possibly get my hair done so I look nice for my interview. I haven' t interviewed for a job since 1998. Hope I still have fantastic interviewing skills!

2 comments:

Anon said...

Things are looking up! Woot! Woot!

All you are investing is coming back with interest!

You might need that party with crazee drunk friends and a donkey yet!

Mona Lake said...

I swear, if I get a bill for your Life Coaching, I'm going to kick your ass!



thank you! ;)