Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Ironed Curtain


I've got to say that I've felt more like a middle-aged pot-bellied man the last few days then a vivacious and virtually virginal woman! I've been tackling things that, according to gender roles, are reserved for the male population! But, when you've got no man in sight, not even to love you and leave you fast... you certainly must rely on yourself to clean up the leaves and clear out the garage!

So, to reclaim my femininity, I washed and IRONED my bedroom curtains, and made a date for Saturday. A date. Shit!

Since the Mack vs. Nick days, I've been happily (and lazily) dateless. I've also slacked in the "Boyfriend Boot Camp" department entirely. Even gave up my obsession with beautifully polished toenails. Definitely hit a slump! I had to put a date on the books! I was facing irreversible frumpy-dumpiness!

Patrick and I are on for Saturday at 6 p.m. Dinner. Now the big question... do I wear the black dress? Time is running out for it, since fall is approaching, and I've gone out in a dress only once in the last several months. And... where will we go to dinner? I'm pretty confident we will enjoy each other's company, because he is an absolute hoot on the phone and enjoys my wacky sense of humor... even at his own expense. Physical attraction is in question. His pictures are iffy, but they also aren't the best pictures. Guys aren't usually as concerned by photographs as us women are. So it's a gamble. But, it's time to get out there and live a little.

No comments: