Saturday, August 9, 2008

A little gift...


I gave myself a little present today. I gave myself a little bit of me. I sent myself outside with a lawn chair, a book, and a dream. A dream to put a little joy and inspiration back into my soul. The sky was painted with puffy white pillows of mystery, the sun of a comforting warmth. I laid back on the chair, opened the book... and my mind... while the shifting winds made love to my body.


I soon remembered how simple my pleasures are. How I revel in the mysterious workings of nature. How quickly strange little bugs take over your book, if you dare put it down. How I dream up the love story of the cardinals that visit my feeder. How I love the uncertainty of a creaking branch in the breeze... the path of a white butterfly.


Drifting carelessly like a cloud, radiating like the sun, unpredictable... like the direction, and intensity of the wind... I embrace my little package of joy and inspiration.

1 comment:

Anon said...

A good friend from high school asked me at our reunion, "So what keeps you from fishing?"

Good question.

I think you found the same beauty...

...in your back yard.