Tuesday, August 12, 2008

100 Crazy-Plastered-Drunk Friends, 10 Kegs and a Donkey


Fuck Yeah!!!!!! I did it! I did it... I DID IT!!! (Sorry to get all "Dora the Explorer" on you) I made it! I finished my last day of my last class! My project was a hit! Everyone that read it laughed out loud. One review, from stellar stoner-student Scott (who always came to class with bloodshot eyes and a bag of honey mustard pretzels), consisted of "That's fuckin' hilarious!" Thank you Scott! I worked my ass off on that thing and hilarious was indeed the goal. I was pumped! Kinko's got me in and out of there fast, I got my copy to the instructor, and had the opportunity to tell her that she is absolutely one hell of a professor.

On my way home, I felt kind of sad. Like I should have had a picture to capture my last-day-face. I felt like tooting the car horn incessantly and screaming out the windows! Waving goodbye like a flappy-armed Grandma... but I didn't. I just quietly took it all in.

Once I got into town, I could see a huge fireworks display, coming from the ballpark by my house. Smiling, I decided that was all a big show, just for me, to celebrate my completion of a very long and arduous journey. Although, I would definitely welcome some circus clowns, a funky band, 100 crazy-plastered-drunk friends, 10 kegs and a donkey! But, I'm not 21, and I quit drinking. Fuck!

p.s. I'm going to be away for a few days (Nooo, not with a donkey!) I'll miss you!

2 comments:

Anon said...

Grandma? I don't think you'd fit the picture!

However, if you DO have a party with 100 Crazy-Plastered-Drunk Friends, 10 Kegs and a Donkey...

...count me in!

Congratulations!!

Mona Lake said...

Thank you VERY VERY much! It hasn't sunk in yet...

Where exactly do you rent donkeys from?