Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Right Time, Right Place?

I'm in "soldier mode." Got to sleep at about 3 a.m. and got up at 7 a.m. Had the alarm set for 8 a.m. but my brain would have nothing of it! I had located a job posting at 1 a.m. that I would be qualified for, and they asked that you apply in person! I am a huge fan of applying in person since it gives you the golden opportunity to make a first impression. The job is located SIX MINUTES away from my home! Now that is a nice commute! No details were listed about pay or benefits.

I went in at 9 a.m. and as I was handing my completed application, resume and cover letter on fancy paper in a fancy envelope, a former client at my last position walked into the room. She smiled and said hello and I asked her how her "newlywed status" was treating her. All of the staff stopped and acknowledged our conversation... so I may have experienced some "right place at the right time" grace!

No comments: