Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wake up call


I had just awakened from a long winter's nap... okay, maybe a short summer siesta... and had retreated to the bathroom, when...


THE PHONE STARTED RINGING!


I hurriedly finished my business, hiked up my pants and ran to the phone; hoping to handle some more business. Some job business. The area code was the same as the dentist office... could it be?!?!?!


"Hello?"

"Hi, Mona?"

(Was this a potential suitor I had forgotten about?)

"Yes?"

"Hi. This is Chris Young, with ______. I realize it has been awhile since you submitted your resume to our position. Unfortunately, our plans to fill the position have taken longer then we anticipated. Are you still interested?"

"Well, yes, I am still looking." (What position is this? Am I dreaming? What time is it? How long ago was this? Which resume did I send? What the hell is going on here!?)


Talk about a "wake up call!" I've waited 4 months to the day for a phone call! An interview. Anything resembling hope for a job. I had to really focus to avoid sounding like some down on her luck 3o something chick that fell asleep watching soap operas. To get to the point... I have an interview Monday at 3:30 pm! Hallelujah! Ayymen! Pah-raaaaaaaaaise Jesus-ah!


Flip side: I have no clue what the pay rate was or if they offered any benefits. It will be a commute, and the hours aren't quite 9-5. Looks like they will have questions to answer and I will have some decisions to make. I am still really hoping to get a call from the urologist office... I'm starting to get pissy... bah -dum -dum.

No comments: