Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Walk in The Park...


Sunday. The "Day of Rest."


I slept well, and slept in. Woke up feeling energized and ready to seize the day. A walk to the park nearby was planted in my head as the first thing on my list of things to do for the day. So I geared up in some jeans, tennis shoes, a long sleeve t-shirt and hooded sweatshirt. Topped off my outdoorsy ensemble with a fleece beanie and headed out the door.


I was surprised and slightly ashamed at how quickly I made it down there. Why hadn't I walked down there throughout the summer? Oh yeah. Not supposed to live in the past or beat myself up for the "would have" should haves!"


Anyway, it was a beautiful adventure. The rustling in the bushes, birds singing in the trees... and the leaves turning vibrant shades of red. I even had a groundhog cross the trail ahead of me, and it reminded me of my recently deceased backyard friend. I had taken my camera and took advantage of the surrounding beauty by snapping over twenty photos. My beautiful adventure was a quiet walk, hand-in-hand with Mother Nature herself. And just what I needed for the day.


I'm really trying to take a better approach at life. To better celebrate each gift the new days bring. Sure I might not have any money to spend, but my spirit soothing stroll didn't cost me a dime. A lot of life's great joys are free! And speaking of free... on a whim I decided to seek out a piano on Craig's List last night. And by 4 p.m. today, I had one! And if my luck wasn't already pouring over the brim... I ran into a friend of mine that happily offered to help me move it from the woman's house to mine! So before my decision to learn the piano or guitar even had a chance to fade away, I had to replace it with the final plans to make it a reality! I should be clunking and plunking away on it by Monday of next week!

No comments: