Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mona Lake's Frugal French Toast


It's no secret that I'm broke, so I'm doing my best not to waste food. I had some sourdough bread about to go bad... so I made my french toast with it! Pretty tasty!

So here's my "Frugal French Toast" recipe for you...
(breakfast for ONE of course!)

2 slices of sourdough bread (mine was bakery style, donated by my dear mom, as were the eggs and milk)
2 eggs
1 splash of milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
dashes to taste of cinnamon

Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in bowl. Whisk for about 2 minutes.

Soak bread slices in mixture. Individually if necessary.

Place bread on buttered skillet warmed at medium heat. Brown well on each side.

Butter to taste.

Cover with your $1.99 Target brand syrup... (or Mrs. Butterworth's if you are lucky enough to have a job!)
Savor your breakfast for one; and fantasize about...
bacon.

ENJOY! I did.

No comments: