Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Flattery?


Wow! Just had the oddest chat ever with Derek, the younger man from many many months ago. He's 23 I think. And we have never met in real life. We used to chat, but he got a little too weird about doomsday and Jesus for my taste.

Anyway... I thought I would talk to him tonight for a moment and through the course of our conversation I had told him that I had been taking some photographs. He wanted me to share them with him.

Apparently... that struck some kind of chord with him! This is what he said after he told me how beautiful the photographs were, oh, and that I should be a model. (Hello. I'm 37, 5'5, and weigh more than 60 pounds)

After Derek asks me if I want children...

"and yes i know every angle of repsonse u could have to this statement.. but . have my next child.. yes or no.. and yes"

After I tell him that I'd rather have money to put food on the table...

" its a big world.. none of that matters in the long run.. i konw you dont wanna hear it and i dont wanna say it, but in all reality none of that will matter soon.. i want to have a child with u"

Me: well, I want to have money to feed a child so, I'm not signing up for that gig at the moment

Him: live off the state til we can provide lol
im not sayin when

Me: why do you want me to have your baby??!!

Him: ur gorgeous, ur a good woman.i know u have ur faults but who doesnt.. ur a grown mature woman.. and i want to have a child with u.. im nota deadbeat and i know this is the most serious of all subjects that will affect us forever but im serious
a million reasons
i would ask NO other to

Me: just wondering what sparked this

Him: its been there smoldering
i know that if we would have met we would have been together.. despite what u may and despite the age difference
despite everything
i know it
dont ask how
i know
and im the last person to speak like this casually

Wow. I'm not sure what to make of that! I'm glad my photographs are moving, but I didn't anticipate them making men want to reproduce with me! And, considering that is the first man that really went out of his way and said he wants to have my baby that wasn't drunk... I feel like it should have been with someone I have at least met in person. Kissed. Loved.

Is this flattering?

Jury is out.

5 comments:

adsfd said...

there's only room for one 23 year old in life!

Mona Lake said...

You? Please tell me that you don't want me to have your baby too! ;)

adsfd said...

umm not interested in having babies...i don't have a uterus.

Mona Lake said...

Very good answer. Thank GOD!

Anon said...

"live off the state until we can provide, lol...

"...I'm not a dead-beat."

...Jesus, what a freak!