Monday, October 6, 2008

The Rest is Fleeting


Well... I fell asleep at an almost respectable hour...12:30 a.m.
But, I woke up at 3 a.m. and have been up ever since. I made a failed attempt to go back to sleep and then watched an assortment of the odd television that is on in the wee hours, including video footage of "William" the boxing kangaroo attacking his handlers on a talk show.

Today is my bi-weekly call-in day for my unemployment check, and I have noticed that I usually don't sleep well the night before I have to call in. My time slot is 8 a.m.-9 a.m. and if I were to miss it, I have to wait until Thursday, which delays the check a week. Considering I am now strapped to the max, I can't afford to have a check come in late.

This is the first month that I will be paying my mortgage late. I've paid it early every month. The last thing I wanted to do was start paying bills late, but I had little choice this month. The $184 mystery electric bill really held my head under water. In fact, I wound up bouncing two checks during the ordeal. Another thing I didn't/don't want to do.

I applied online with a company while I was was waiting for my call-in time. They don't have any positions advertised as available... but who knows! I think after applying for a bartending job at a "tittie bar," just about anything is fair game! I'm hoping to finally meet up with C.F. this week, so I can handle one more week of not working... but after that... SOMETHING HAS TO COME MY WAY!!!!!

The holidays are coming up! Christmas presents won't be an option on my current budget. Sometimes I don't think breathing is an option on my current budget! I'm already doing everything I can to save money: dishes by hand, minimal laundry, unplugging everything I can, not eating as much, not buying groceries, not flushing the toilet for number 1's, and heating my house with space heaters sparingly. Not fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

No comments: