Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm In Love...

What an absolutely wonderful time my cousin and I had! I haven't laughed that much and that regularly in the course of one day in far too long! The weather was great! The people of the city were nice and welcoming. The hotel, a "Hilton," was very nice... and don't they have the most comfortable beds in the world! Too bad I was busy soaking in all of the fun and didn't spend much time in it!

The location of the show: The Embassy Theater in Fort Wayne, Indiana. This venue is definitely a must-see for anyone who appreciates history and intricate architecture! Gorgeous! A very nice size too! We had no issues getting in or out of the concert, and I didn't even have to wait a half an hour in a mile long line to pee in a dirty bathroom strewn with toilet paper! Nope! You were next in line at the Embassy!

We saw BEN FOLDS and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra! Phenomenal show! The orchestra played a nice mix of classical and contemporary music. My favorite being the Beatles medley. Now Ben Folds... if you aren't a Ben Folds fan, you should be. I don't think I have ever been more impressed with a performer's connection and interaction with the crowd. You got a sense that he truly loves his fans, especially when he invited the crowd to sing in a few songs... even stopping to teach the right key! His music is unique, creative, witty and fun. His piano playing: AMAZING!

Afterwards, we walked to a nearby pub so my cousin could have an "adult" beverage. The conductors from the show happened to be there. We yucked it up a bit with the locals and some of the Philharmonic talents, and then headed to another place for a bit. I, being the ass that I am, actually stopped on the empty dance floor and indulged in a little gratuitous booty shaking on the way out. My ass hadn't seen a bar or a dancefloor in years. It was good for a laugh from the crowd! I'll never see those people again anyway!

Before we left town we ate at "Tuscani's" (downtown Fort Wayne). I was so hungry I could hardly read, so I went right to the item that said "voted best pizza." The "hand-pinched sausage" pizza. Us pizza lover's are pretty serious about our pizza... so I figured it had to at least be good. And was it ever! The cheese! The crust! The sauce! LOVE! I'm in love with a pizza!

Can't say enough about the time I had. Beautiful in so many ways. I'll never forget it! I needed that escape so badly! However, I am quite tired from all of the elation, and still sorting through the treasured memories... so I will leave it at that for now. Goodnight kiddos!

No comments: