Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Chinny-chin chin


Thank God I don't have hair on my chinny-chin chin... but I sure do have a ZIT! An angry little pustule of frustration that people of my age are supposed to be immune to! A lump-like little reminder that things just simply kind of suck right now. Right there. On my face.


But, I, in true fighting spirit, am trying to keep my zitty chin up!


The skin. The largest organ of our entire bodies. And, typically, the first to show signs of stress or illness. I am stressed! And it's making me sick! I'm just praying that once this ugly bugger implodes, so shall the angst. The angst that has festered, and taken the shape of this angry red zit!


It has become my unconscious obsession. Something to play with when I temporarily zone out to another place. Something to pick at. Something to be mad at. Even a little reminder that things won't stay this way forever. That they once were better (pre-zit), and they will be better again (post-zit). And if it doesn't go away... perhaps I can sell it to a medical research facility. Maybe even claim it bears the face of Jesus and hock it for hundreds of dollars on Ebay!


Until then, it's just me, my zit, and my, sometimes exhaustively, upturned chin... trying to get along, get by, and get things all "cleared up."

No comments: