Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Alone.


Ugh. I'm thinking about Martha passing... how short life is. How many days I've spent alone lately... and I don't want to be alone tonight.

But, I'm not sure if I want to go rifling through my contacts list to find someone to share the evening with... and what if they all were busy? Wouldn't that fuel the "aloneness" that I don't want to feel?

I thought "R" had said he was coming by today after he went to the bank. But 5:40 p.m. came... and I left. Maybe he came by, maybe he didn't. He has his son with him tonight, so he's not really available to pass the time with me. And if I see him too often, he's likely to get the impression that I want more from him then I do.

I just want some good conversation and some company. Maybe an arm around me...

2 comments:

adsfd said...

i thought you were in new york.

Mona Lake said...

No love. What made you think that? Were you going to come over and keep me company?