Monday, October 13, 2008

Good Morning World!


Good Morning to you! Mona is up and at 'em. Sipping some delicious coffee and perched at the table with piles of research and notes. A friend of mine hired me to write up a speech/presentation for her meeting with a local foundation. I suppose it is my first "gig" as a writer. The first one I can recall getting paid for, that is.


Getting started hasn't been easy! I'm not sure if it's the pressure of receiving money, or the fact that it is a "controlled" work, that is causing me trouble. But, today is the day that it must be done and I typically don't collapse under pressure.


As I'm sitting here, my new friend, the piano, is in the corner of my eye. And I'm wanting to play it! It's as if it is calling me to entertain it after years of neglect! However, I have little training and no music books here... and that poor old thing needs to be tuned. But we are together now. And I'm hoping we have a very loving and playful relationship over the years!


Have yourselves a wonderful morning! This "professional writer" ;) has got work to do!

No comments: